Home > Experts > Others > Duties of an advocate?

Duties of an advocate? (Others)

Author : R C Nigam

Posted On 01 April 2011 at 07:40

I want to know the duties and responsibilities of an advocate.

Is he there to assist the system in providing proper and full justice OR to protect his client?
Is it his responsibility to ensure speedy trial OR he can delay the process on one pretext or other, in the interest of his client?
Are there any provisions for action against dirty tricks of an advocate to protect the interest of his client?
Is there any monitoring system to ensure that such tricks are not adopted?
Is there any move to curb such aberrations of the system?
R C Nigam

Expert : R.Ramachandran

Posted On 01 April 2011 at 08:01

Advocate has several duties and responsibilities. Duties towoards Courts; duties towards clients and duties towards colleage Advocates.
Please go through Advocates Act, 1961 you will get answers to your queries.

Expert : Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate

Posted On 01 April 2011 at 08:54

to assist his client!

Expert : Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate

Posted On 01 April 2011 at 08:56

nither he can delay nor speedy trial.both the part of court!
he does every work in the eye of court and for the favour/intrest of his client!

Expert : Advocate Sachdev Bishnoi

Posted On 01 April 2011 at 09:00

yes this is the duty of the advocate to provide full justice as well as to protect the client.
it is not in the hand of the advocate for the speedy trial but the filing of the application and replies be fast.
for your better future you can change the lawyer with a good reputation

Expert : Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate

Posted On 01 April 2011 at 09:00

can you prove the tricks in not a part of law?or a legal prosses?
if yes then complaint to the prsiting court!

Expert : Advocate Sachdev Bishnoi

Posted On 01 April 2011 at 09:01

for your better future you can change the lawyer with a good lawyer who is having better reputation in the bar

Expert : Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate

Posted On 01 April 2011 at 09:04

hey , wht tricks are they?
describe clearly!
this is also a trick to ask an answer without a complete question!

Expert : Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate

Posted On 01 April 2011 at 09:05

nigam saab,
leave this systum or choose better for fitest!

Expert : ADVOCATE DEFENSE.

Posted On 01 April 2011 at 11:42

People just blame the advocates for all the troubles in the legal system. Nothing will come out of such tactics.

Author : R C Nigam

Posted On 01 April 2011 at 14:58

Dear experts,
I am thankful to all my friend experts, who enlightened me regarding my query and obliquely gave an idea of the ground reality of our judicial system. After going through the replies I was reminded of the noble ex CJIs, who observed," only we are resposible for the loss of credibility of judiciary, who are causing the citadle to be shattered brick by brick." I am also reminded of the fact that not only a number of Judges have been found and charged for their involvement in corruption, and even a shdow of corruption has been remotely cast on an ex CJI, who has been advised to resign from his present assignment by another ex CJI.
I feel, the duties and responsibilities of an advocate must be defined and regulated in a manner that the public in general does not take to streets for deciding the disputes. In that case the society shall land itself in chaos and anarchy. Unfortunately, some of the replies indicate that we are pushing the society in a direction, which we ourselves shall not relish.
Thanks to all once again.
R C Nigam

Expert : RAJU O.F.,

Posted On 02 April 2011 at 21:31

Please refer to the Advocates Act, to know the duties and responsibilities of the advocates. Also bear in mind that advocates are officers of the Court. Both clients and Advocates must keep that decorum