Declaration of Divorce:

A marriage was solemnised as per Christian rites and ceremony in the Village church. After the marriage the wife was nominated in the pension book by her husband. But thereafter the wife eloped with other man and the usband also got married to another woman and for nominationg the second wife in the pension book the authority is asking the husband to produce a decree of divorce. What should the husband do in such a case?

He hasto obtain a decree, as there is no evidence of divroce. eloped or not to proved with document.

K.C.Suresh (Expert)

Legal divorce is mandatory

N.K.Assumi (Querist)

Thanks Kotreshji and Sureshji.

N.K.Assumi (Querist)

In the present case, can the husband get a declaration under the SR Act 1963 that the present wife is his legally married wife inspite of going for a decree of divorce and thereafter get a declaration that present wife is his legally married wife?

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA (Expert)

I do agree with my all friends.

Hiralal Das (Expert)

I do agree with the valuable opinions of the learned members. Thanks all of you.

×