Home > Experts > Labour & Service Law > Compassionate Ground Appointment in Govt. of Karnataka

Compassionate Ground Appointment in Govt. of Karnataka (Labour & Service Law)

Author : maruthi

Posted On 13 October 2009 at 21:24

Sir/madam,
My Brother was the permanent employee of KPTCL (Govt. of Karnataka). He died in a accident on 05-10-2006 at the age of 23. He was unmarried. Within a year my another brother applied for a job on Compassionate grounds. KPTCL rejected his request saying brother is not eligible for Compassionate grounds appointment. Later we studied the rules of Govt. of Karnataka on CGA. It denies the appointment to brother. Interestingly, Karnataka is the only state which is having such rules.Whereas Govt. of India, Defence, Maharashtra, AP, MP, Assam, Meghalaya & many other states considering brother/sister of the deceased unmarried employee. Please suggest me how to solve the issue with Govt. of Karnataka.

Expert : adv. rajeev ( rajoo )

Posted On 14 October 2009 at 05:16

Dear Maruti,
in recent past, Karnataka Govt., has banned compassionate grounds employment. If want to take it then you will have to file a writ against the govt., challenging the order. Definately it will be dismissed then you will have to go to supreme court.

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 14 October 2009 at 09:14

No way. If a State Govt. has framed its policy which is not against public interest is final and no court is going to issue any direction against rules. better you accept all other benefits which are permissible within rules.