Home > Experts > Business Law > Can a non farmer and non agriculturist start a farming business ?

Can a non farmer and non agriculturist start a farming business ? (Business Law)

Author : Krishnaraj

Posted On 02 July 2013 at 12:59

Iam Non Agriculturist and Non Farmer, I want to start a Goat farming business. Hence I would like to know,
1) Whether I can buy a Agricultural land
2) Whether I can be a Farmer or Agriculturist
3) My income for the last 3 years are more than 2 lacs ( income filed), hence do i have a problem in buying the agricultural land?
4) If am not eligible to buy the land, how best and legally i can start this business?
5) If I lease the property, do i able to get the subsidy from the Govt.
6) Whether the income generated from farming will be treated as business income since i already have other income of more than 2 lacs.

Kindly Advice me.
Thank you

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 02 July 2013 at 13:45

1. Yes, in all those States wherein there is no such pre-condition to be a farmer for purchasing the agricultural land like Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan etc.

2. Yes.

3. It depends upon many facors.

4. Engage a lawyer for this purpose.

5. Why govt. shall give you subsidy if you lease your and to any person?

6. No.

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 02 July 2013 at 13:47

2. Yes.

3. It depends upon many facors.

4. Engage a lawyer for this purpose.

6. No.

Author : Krishnaraj

Posted On 02 July 2013 at 14:08

Thank you verymuch for the reply, I further wants some clarification

1) Iam born and brought up in Karnataka, Hence do i have problem in buying the agricultural land, though my income is more than 2 lacs for last three years, and i do not have any Agricultural land in my name.

2)Incase, Iam not able to start goat farming business by buying the land, Then i want to start the business by taking the land for Lease or monthly Rent. Hence in this case, Can i get the subsidy from the govt. to start the goat farming.( Am not the owner of the land)

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 02 July 2013 at 14:11

1. A non-agriculturist cannot purchase land in Karnatka as desired.

2. Yes.