Aluminium Corporation of India Limited (Acquisition and Transfer of Aluminium) Undertaking Act,1984
Act No : 43
Section : GENERAL EFFECT OF VESTING
SECTION 04: GENERAL EFFECT OF VESTING
(1) The Aluminium undertaking of the Company shall be deemed to include all properties and assets (including lands, quarries, mines, buildings, offices, factories, workshops, stores, plants, machinery and equipment, installations, instruments, laboratories, office furniture, stationery and equipment, vehicles, staff quarters, workers' colonies together with amenities and installations pertaining thereto, cash balances, cash on hand, reserve funds, investments, book debts, rights, leaseholds, powers, authorities and privileges) pertaining to the undertaking and all other rights and interests in, or arising out of, such properties and assets as were immediately before the appointed day in the ownership, possession, power or control of the Company and all books of account, registers and all other documents of whatever nature relating thereto.
(2) All properties and assets as aforesaid which have vested in the Central Government under section 3-shall, by force of such vesting, be freed and discharged from any trust, obligation, mortgage, charge, lien and all other incumbrances affecting them, and any attachment, injunction, decree or order of any Court or other authority , restricting the use of such properties or assets in any manner or appointing any receiver of the whole or any part of such properties or assets shall be deemed to have been withdrawn.
(3) Every mortgagee of any property which has vested under this Act in the Central Government and every person holding any charge, lien or other interest in or in relation to, any such property, shall give within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed, an intimation to the Commissioner of such mortgage, charge, lien or other interest.
(4) For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that the mortgagee of any property referred to in sub-section (3) or any other person holding any charge, lien or other interest in, or in relation to, any such property shall be entitled to claim, in accordance with his rights and interests, payment of the mortgage money or other dues in whole or in part, out of the amounts referred to in sections 7- and8-but no such mortgage, charge, lien or other interest shall be enforceable against any property which has vested in the Central Government.
(5) Any licence or other instrument granted to the Company in relation to the Aluminium undertaking which has vested in the Central Government under section 3-at any time before the appointed day and in force immediately before that day shall continue to be in force on and after such day in accordance with its tenor in relation to, and for purposes of the said undertaking, and, on and from the date of vesting of such undertaking under section 6-in the Bharat Aluminium Company, that company shall be deemed to be substituted in such licence or other instrument as if such licence or other instrument had been granted to it and shall hold such licence or other instrument for the remainder of the period for which the Company would have held it under the terms thereof.
(6) If, on the appointed day, any suit, appeal or other proceeding of whatever nature in relation to any property or assets which has vested in the Central Government under section 3-, instituted or preferred by or against the Company is pending, the same shall not abate, be discontinued or be, in any way, prejudicially affected by reason of the transfer of the Aluminium undertaking or of anything contained in this Act, but the suit, appeal or other proceeding may be continued, prosecuted or enforced by or against the Central Government or where the Aluminium undertaking is directed under section 6-, to vest in the Bharat Aluminium Company by or against that company.
Read All Comments