LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manohar   18 July 2018

Wrong registration charges mentioned in sale deed

Hi , Recently I have purchased a immovable property in karnataka, where I have paid 1% of total property value as registration charges in the form of DD. The DD i given was of Rs 48228 but in office it was wrongly interpreted and they gave receipt of Rs 40228 but later on finding the mistake they just corrected it with pen on receipt . In sale deed the wrong value of Rs 40228 is mentioned. After completion of registration process cjhecking the document I come to know still the wrong value of Rs 40228 is mentioned on document and advocate from the builder says not to worry much as they wouldn't allowed registration process if we have paid anything less than correct value Rs 48228. I am very much confused with this, kindly provide your suggestion and let me know if I can correct this then how.

Learning

4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     18 July 2018

Registration charge is levied on % basis on the consideration shown in the Sale Deed.

Pl. say what is the Considertion shown in the sale deed.  Also say what is the % of Registration Fee applicable.

Manohar   18 July 2018

Total Sale value of the property is Rs 48,22,825 and appicable fees of REgistration fee is 1% of the Total Sale value i.e. Rs 48,228. I have sbumitted the DD of the same cost i.e. Rs 48,228 but they misinterpreated as Rs 40, 228 and made the sale deed. While calculating the sale deed they checked the DD which we submitted not the receipt hence they went ahead with registration.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     18 July 2018

Write to the Sub-Registrar in detail - about you having paid Rs. 48228/- vide DD towards Registration Fee.

Point out that while the manual correction has been made in the Receipt, still neither correct figure of Rs. 48228/- has been shown in the Registered Sale Deed, nor any manual correction under appropriate Signature and Seal has been carried out in the Registered Document.

Request for verification of the actual amount received and to effect the necessary correction in the Registered Deed.  Request, when you have to come to the Sub-Registrar's office for this purpose.

Visit in person along with the original document.

If correction is effected within 1 month, that should be fine.  If not, make a complaint to the Registrar General of your State.

Be rest assured the correction will be effected.

Manohar   19 July 2018

Thanks for the input but original sale deed is with bank, I need to figure out how to get those doucments from the banking authorities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register