LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (propritor)     03 June 2011

wrong information provided by employee

sir, i had employed a person on the recommendation of an existing employee in 2005. (these 2 guys are in relation). the new employee gave us his wrong name and now he wants us to correct his name as per his school certificate & voter id card. I earlier did not checked his documents under good faith. upon asking why he has gone wrong name he replies this was an oversight.

please suggest the way I can rectify his name in our records and safe gurads I need to adopt

thank you

Learning

3 Replies

pradip shah (partner)     03 June 2011

Take cofession & correct name in the register. Keep zerox copy of  certificate, voting card of empoyee with cofession letter.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     04 June 2011

It would not  be advisable to retain such persons with dubious characer in employment. 

(Guest)

Dear Raj,

Perfect advice by both the experts. If you want to retain the employee in spite of his attempt to cheat, you can act upon the advice of Mr. Pradip Shah.

However, I am also in favour of the second advice of Mr. Vasudevan. The question of oversight in mentioning one's name cannot arise. Did he continue to forget his name for the last 6 years and used to take his salary signing his wrong name for all that period? How he could not rectify his mistake for the last 6 years? Rather, if he was appointed on recommendation of another employee, the integrity of that employee can also be doubtful in helping him taking employment with fake name.

Besides, before terminating his services, don't forget to take his confession and an attested copy of his school certificate and also get his signature on that copy, so that in case he tries to drag you in a labour court you can prove his fraudulent intentions. If he can use his fake name for the past 6 years, the event of his using certificate of some other person with some other name can also not be overruled.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register