LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tony (owner)     13 February 2015

Women right in ancestral joint property

MY maternal grandfather (A) for him and his 3 minor sons (Jointly) and my uncle (B) partitioned an agriculture land (has 47 survey numbers) as A and B schedule in 1973. After my grandfather deceased my 3 uncles and My Grandmother enjoys the title of the property (A schedule) and not partitioned the property among them individually till date. Whether my mother has any right to claim title for joint ownership of the property or individual share of the property after 2005 Hindu succession act. Before 2005 my uncles does not need my mother sign while selling the property but recently in 2011 they required my mother sign while selling the property. Please clear my doubt. Thank you.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 February 2015

If partition was thru duly registered partition deed the status of the property should change to Self Acquired.

Agriculture is a state subject therefore the state laws should be looked into.......

The signature of the mother (married daughter) might have been obtained for  

relinquishment of rights:::::and if yes now no share can be claimed.

If the signature were obtained just for the purpose of sale by one person of the family then there might be chance to claim...

You may show all docs on record to an able local lawyer well versed with state laws and such/revenue/family/property matters... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register