LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

UJAS DHARAMSHI (Corporate Lawyer)     13 June 2008

Will LPOs create a Legal Sector Boom?

Will the introduction of LPO's in India create a boom in the much awaited legal sector?

Well, this question certainly raises such questions. But the fact is with the emerging economy of India, it feels like the legal sector is being left out. But now the LPOs haveincreased the standard of just practising lawyers or law interns.

Now the Law students are really looking to LPOs and joining them not just for internship but also for their pay package just as BPOs and Call Centres.

Hence overall its a bit revelotution, One can say, in the legal sector. the students, lawyers may join LPO and earn their income with easy working hours and less mess.

Learning

7 Replies

Manish Singh (Advocate)     14 June 2008

IT HAS ALREADY CREATED A BOOM.

NOW ADVOCATES HAVE AN OTHER OPTION OF CAREER AND THEY ARE TAKING IT'S FULL BENEFIT.

UJAS DHARAMSHI (Corporate Lawyer)     14 June 2008

Well Sir, Thank You for your kind reply. I do appreciate your reply. Being a law student I do feel the same way.

However, Is it beneficial to join a LPO or an Individual lawyer? As I am planning to join Internship. What would be beneficial? Because earning money is also equally important along with internship.

Manish Singh (Advocate)     14 June 2008

Dear Ujas,
it all depends on the fact that in which sector of law you wish to make ur career in.
you have variety of choices viz corporate, litigation, lpos. under corporate and litigation sectors, it is divided under several other areas.
So decide where you need to go.

If you join any LPO, its good for you since they will give you handsome salary but you will be working on laws of other countries. But some day, this sector is goin to slow down and finally wrapped up from India when indian rupee appreciation shall stand upto the mark of dollar and Euro.
But yeah, it will be fruitful for you in the near future but only when if foreign firms get the permission to practice in India also. Talks are goi9n on but see, when we get the resuklts.
But for next couple of years , it's a secured job with lots of money

(Guest)
In Karnataka, one SDD global is doing great job. It is doing US work in India for Sony Entertainment and others. It is doing well.

They say that LPO market in India will register One Billion USD within 2010. That big is the market.

UJAS DHARAMSHI (Corporate Lawyer)     30 June 2008

Thank Sir for your reply and your advice about foreign countries pratcise and the growth of it.

UJAS DHARAMSHI (Corporate Lawyer)     30 June 2008

The estimates seems so so great.

ritu bhadana (advocate)     02 April 2009

i agree with all of  you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register