Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pawan (Others)     20 June 2012

Will i lose my job if wife files 498\dv cases against me

Hi,

I am married for 4 years now ( in love for 5 years before the marriage with this girl) and we have no kids. My wife has not been with me. She stayed with her parents and I stayed with my parents as we married secretly in a temple and never lived in a same house. We work in the same organization so we meet up daily in the office. We go out on weekends and vacations as well. We had physical relationship all these years ( it was mostly like a live in relationship of a married couple). Now she wants to get divorced and she is not even telling me the reason why. Her father who came to know abt the marriage has asked me for divorce as ours is a inter caste marriage. I said no and he filed few cases against me and forced me to sing on the mutual divorce papers saying they would withdraw the cases once I sign on the papers. I did sign on the papers and even they compromised the cases charged against me in Lok Adalat. I do not want to let her go like this. I want to now why she is doing this to me. Now over second motion is due in sep 2012 and I want to know

I have a few straight questions

1. Can she file for 498a\DV cases against me if I deny her divorce in sep ( as we were never in a same house)

2. If she files it and if I am arrested how early can I get a bail.

3. I work in a Private organization ( Software company MNC), will I lose my job if she files a criminal case against me( Until the charges are actually proved in court )

4.What steps do I take to prevent my parents to get arrested as they are old and I do not want them to face issues for no reason of theirs.

5. I seriously love my wife very much and want to take her back. Want to know why she did this if its just due to parents emotional drama and stuff i will take her back but if  she is dumping me for better oppurtunity then I am adamant to deny her divorce and teach her a lesson. let her go for a contested divorce.

6. If I do not attend the court in Sep for second motion of divorce what would happen. Will she be granted Divorce? Or will the case be pending.

7. I am planning for my MS is USA and if she files a 498a before I leave to US will that affect my chances to go abroad.

8. Even she is a software engineer who earns more than me so will she be elgible for maintenance.

9. When she is desperate for divorce and not me why should i pay maintenance if she applies for it. No fault of mine in this relationship. I am ready toa ccept her back but she isnt coming forward.

10. Do I have to attend every hearing in a 498 case or can my advocate attend on my behalf as I cant take leaves too often.

11. What is the minimum amout of time for a 498 case to be closed ( I am sure she will not be able to prove the charges as they are false even if she files a case)

12. Once she files a 498 case.. if I get an oppurtunity to go abroad onsite from company or maybe for higher studies ... can I go ? Or do I have to be in India until the case is closed.

13. If she files cases and fails to prove her charges what cases can I book on her and her parents to teach them a lesson as I know dealing with 498 is mental trauma.

14. Finally .. what do you ppl suggest looking at my case

a. Deny divorce and fight false 498 if she files

b. Leave her in sep and start a new life.

15. Personally I am feeling very bad for whats going on in my life and want to teach such cheap ppl a lesson.

She was with me for all these years enjoyed me and my money and now when she is getting better oppurtunities she wants to shun me away by using few women oriented law in our country.

Kindly reply.

Learning

3 Replies

Pawan (Others)     20 June 2012

Hi Ashish, Sir thank you for your valuable feedback. I also want to know few things

1. Can she go abraod once she files the case here or even she should be here while the case is in progress.

2. I have put aside 50K. Will that be enough to get AB for my parents and myself.

I am from Andhra pradesh, hyderabad.. any pointers to a good lawyer that you know off

Thanks Again

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register