LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pankaj kapoor   24 July 2016

wife and son's right in property

Dear experts I have few queries. Kindly respond. 1) does wife has any right on husband's property and father in law's property? 2) does son has any right in father's property and grandfather's property? Thanks for the reply.....

Learning

7 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     24 July 2016

Wife does not have any right over either the husband's or the father in laws property apart from a right to reside in the domestic shared household , that too after she gets the same enforced from a domestic violence court.

As far as the son is concerned, he acquires a right in the property since his birth, only if the prperty in question is ancestral property. If it is not ancestral. then no he has no share unless transferred by the father.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Vibha   24 July 2016

Agree with detail reply of Adv. Augustine Chatterjee.

It is an ancestral property but now electricity bill and water bill comes in the name of my father. Still my son has any rights in this property?

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     24 July 2016

Yes. Payment of bills has got nothing to do with the ownership. The same has been recently clarified in a supreme court judgment

Sir, How to save our property from wife as my son is also living with her. She has already filled 498a , 504, 506. She can take help of court for getting rights in our property as well. Kindly advise......

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 July 2016

The inheritance is in accordance with personal law that is applicable to owner.

It is believed that you are Hindu.

The self acquired property of grandfather may not be neccessarily ancestral.

Show the mutation record and all link docs to a very able counsel specializing in reveneu/property/family/civil matters, ASAP, for a considered opinion on nature of property ( ancestral/HUF etc) before any injunction is paryed before court and awarded.

pankaj kapoor   25 July 2016

Sir, somebody told me that if my father disown me then my son will have no right in our ancestral property... Is it a good strategy?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register