Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dasarivasu (retired)     23 March 2011

When Mother remanded can father seek custody of child?

We have filed compliant in Magistrate Court under sections 120b ,417,418 and 500 and the Court ordered police under sec 156(3) to investigate and report on the alleged supression of divorce case facts of her parents and performing her marriage by legally separated wife and husband.

The mother is likely to be arrested and remanded.

Now my question is can we(father and grand parents) ask the custody of 3 years old child if she(mother) is remanded for the above crimes referred by magistrate to police ?

We do not want to send my innocent grand son to police station/jail along with her mother who is culprit in the episode. We are also worried about the safety of child in the hands of her if she make any attempt being defamed with the exposure of her parents divorce.

Can we ask magistrate/police to handover child custody to us?

Please advise.

Learning

4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     23 March 2011

yes, the father of child can get

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     23 March 2011

@ Author

Observation: This post should have been posted in Criminal Law Forum however this pointer besides the point there is a old saying 'there are so many sips between cup and lip or something like that..."  So mere referring to SHO (IO) for status report on your complaint application U/s 156 (3) CrPC does not mean MM has taken cognigance and even if so she is entitled for AB as well as Bail which is matter of few paper works and in minutes she can show her presence before MM Court after seeking Bail and ask for Complaint copy of yours !

"The mother is likely to be arrested and remanded."  -  actual ground happening in Family Law matters are two faces of two coins not one coin be warned least any disappointment follows later !

Reasoning: Try to first understand the process flow of S. 156 (3) CrPC which are;

1. Any judicial Magistrate, before taking cognizance of the offence, can order investigation under Section 156(3) of the Code. Now he Orders for investigation via Jurisdiction SHO and an IO under the SHO does the investigation. be clear on this process flow under complaint.

2. Now, once the Magistrate does so, he is not to examine the complainant on oath because he was not taking cognizance of any offence therein. From your brief what I see that some Complaint filed under S. 156 (3) CrPC that is all !

3. Well for the purpose of enabling the police to start investigation it is open to the Magistrate to direct the police to register an FIR. There is nothing illegal in doing so. After all registration of an FIR involves only the process of entering the substance of the information relating to the commission of the cognizable offence in a book kept by the officer-in- charge of the police station as indicated in Section 154 of the Code.

4. However, even if a magistrate does not say in so many words while directing investigation under Section 156(3) of the Code that an FIR should be registered is views of various Citations from Hon'ble SC on asked Section of the Code and now it is the duty of the officer-in-charge of the police station to register the FIR regarding the cognizable offence disclosed by the complaint because that police officer could take further steps contemplated in Chapter XII of the Code only thereafter.

I see lots of above elements missing from your provided briefs hence I stand by my opening observation as reply to your briefs before me.

Before parting with the above gyan I must add that it is better to file as a co - Petitioner (means you and your wife along with your son) an Application U/s 25, 10, 17 and 19 of GWA R/w S. 151 CPC for Guardianship and Custody of the minor Child if you apprehend that SHE WILL BE BEHIND LOCKUP tomorrow !

BTW,
a Magistrate Court has no power to give child on custody it is a Civil Court which grants such relief and that is the reason I suggest to do some early paper work by filing above kinda Guardianship and Custody Petition before Jurisdiction Family Court / Civil Court.

All the best if any.   

dasarivasu (retired)     24 March 2011

We have already filed G&W OP and obtained injection in our favour but she escaping summons and finally FC ordered Advocate Commissioner to serve summons and atlast served after lot of struggle by her. Now thse case stands posted tomarrow.

My concern is to save the child from police/prision atmosphere in this unfortunate episode.

It is not easy as you said to obtain AB and Bail which we have tried for 15 days and after spending huge money we have obtained stay on FIR and we came out from her 498a case !

Now the ball is in my court & my police and she has to face the music. Al ready we were disturbed and now it is her turn!!!

The net result is her dream to fly to USA is shattered once for all and lost her family life too which she has betted for the crazy of USA life.

She lost in court as well in life.........

dasarivasu (retired)     24 March 2011

The magistrate asked SHO to investigate and report....

We have approached SHO to complete the next follow up.....

The culprits will be brought to book and stand before the court to face the trail for years together.....

Ofcourse they may get bail but they have to run arround the trail court round and round and the evidence against them is concrete which thay can not escape from the law.

Is it not enough GNANA which you often says for those fraud people who play counter games to cover up their cheating on innocent people?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register