Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ninoanand (student)     27 November 2010

what is the punishment for boy if boy makes a fool of girl ?

Hi 

To all members of Ilc. i m a law student.

i want to know is there any punishment for boy if he is married and trying to make a fool of girl for last 6-7 years (they meet very few times) by saying that he will marry him but he is already married before he met girl. At that time the girl was less than 18 , she was in school & unaware about all this,now she has grown up and come to know the truth some how through some friend of the boy. She is shocked and now want to take some action against boy. What action she can take to get him punish ? is there any idea legally by which boy can get into jail for a long term imprisonment. His family background is strong and the girl's is not. There is no physical relation in between boy and girl but the boy gained the chances of girl's innocence touched her personally. She is disturbed now and hurt now she wants some action against boy and want to see him in jail anyhow. Any one plz give me the complete details of this case, in which category it falls . it's a family law matter or criminal law. What the girl should do now ? The boy doesn't know that the girl has come to know the truth. Does the girl need to collect some proof ? My email id is ninoanand@yahoo.com if somebody wants to suggest personally also can send mail regarding the the above matter.

The girl wants maintenance, is it possible anyhow....?

Learning

10 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     27 November 2010

Let the girl forget the past and move on in life. You say you are a law student. Just think what is the exact loss caused to the girl now. She realises by now that she has been fooled by him. There is no use continuing with such relationship anymore as he is already married. Betrayal always is painful. Let her concentrate on her future and let the past be past. Making visits to courts will spoil her and her families reputation. 

Until people are careful enough before entering such relation, there will remain such fraudulent lovers in the society. 

ninoanand (student)     27 November 2010

HI SUCHITRA ji

Ya i m a fresher law student who is still studying. I agree let it go off let d girl move on towards future but what if the same thing remain continue by that person with somebody else...? She is also a law student and just to finish her law around 1 year is left only, later after she wants to be a judge and wants to do preparation for that...

But i think he should not escape, it's a cowardity and this will increase his wrong intention which will be later on again wrong for society and other ..... i think she after the completion of her law can do something and only boy's money will waste in this not of girl as she herself would be a lawyer by that time .... 

plz reply

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     27 November 2010

Free consent is the main problem in such cases. Why should the girl allow him to find intimacy? Is it not true that the girl also was an equally responsible for all that happened between them? Was there any written contract between the two to form a legal relationship? And if there is no intention to have a legal relationship, it becomes unenforceable in law. 

(Guest)

Life will surely  make him fool 1 day...this is his punishment.Just tell her  to WAIT & WATCH!

Tell the girl to take it positively that the  fraud could not make her more and permanent loss.

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     29 November 2010

The girl want maintenance shows ill-will of girl. She has lost nothing but just for meeting on few occassions she wants money,it is just greed for money nothing else.

If there is no greed then go and tell her wife about this relation , he will be punished by her more then by any one else.

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     29 November 2010

GUD SUGGESTION, his wife will use all weapons to punish him.  no court can punish tat way.

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     30 November 2010

A school going girl should concentrate on her studies ......... and how do u explain the behaviour of a school girl who gets lured on the promises of marriage ......... was it the age for her to think of marriage ?

This girl is lucky enough to have escaped having physical relationship .......... so has been the boy in this case .....

As suggested by one forum member here .... the best way to punish the boy would be to tell his wife about his erroneous ways .......... and move ahead in life ..........

ranju (Advocate )     04 December 2010

see all our indian laws give punishment for bodily injuries and not for injuries to ...heart ...still if she feels cheated she can file  pricate complaint  in the court ...aginst him u/s 415 , 416 , 417 of indian penal code ... just to expose him in the public ...and he will have to attend courts ... for  no. of times  as an accused ... that will be good punishment... though he get aquittal from the case afterword due to in sufficiency of evidence... R.K.joshi  Advocate .. 

(Guest)

Indian law is such that there is no punishment for leaving the wife after birth of 2/3 children.....Lots of men are there who throw out their OLD wives..Keep relations with other YOUNG and NEW women...No scale to measure the mental harm...hence maximum 498A cases are termed as False.

...The only thing a wife can do is to claim maintenance to make the life live.In many cases the  wife can't remarry , either for kids or in the fear of being cheated again...It takes a lot of time to overcome the mental shock that she gets at her life partner's cheating...Yet husbands search different ways to avoid maintenance to wives and children...

Mr. Ninoanand, in such a country you are searching remedy for a unmarried girl??

(Guest)

just make a GARLAND of  old "juta-chappal" n put  in his neck!

but do this without knowledge of his innocent wife!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register