LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Soft Person (Manager)     09 June 2014

What is the maximum alimony i might need to pay

Got married last december and my wife stayed with me for 20 days. After that she went to her parents house and she asked me to come her house leaving my parents. I didn't accept that then she asked her dresses and Jewels. Since I was in other city, I asked her to send her brother to get the dresses. My parents gave her dresses to her brother who came to collect and said to him that they would give the jewels to her parents in front of people who arranged the marriage. But after some time my wife came to my parents house and asked for jewels. My parent asked her to bring her parents, but she told them that they won't come and she won't go without Jewels. My parents with the help of her father friend, send her back to the house.

Next day we filed a complaint in local women police station and handed over the jewels to her. In written, she mentioned that she received the jewels and we haven't asked/torched her by asking any dowry. After that she went to her parents home.

After 2 weeks, she filed a complaint in a women police station near to the city where I am working and with the help of her relative in police station they harassed me. Also accused me that I have illegal relationship and asked me to keep her with me. I took her to my native place from police station and she went to her parents home after reaching our native place. Her parents house is 3 kilometer away from my house.

Again after 4 days, she filed a compliant with false allegations in a women police station in our native place where we handed over the jewels. In the compliant, she mentioned that I kicked and hurt her, and my parents poured kerosene on our body and tried to fire. Also mentioned that we asked her to bring 200 sovereign of golds and insisted inspector to arrest me and parents immediately. Inspector didn't believe in the complaint and since my wife pressured to arrest me they forwarded the complain to District Social Welfare Officer.

Attended one round of enquiry in the Social welfare office and now I filed petition in local family court for divorce. Since 6 months was not completed after marriage, filed for an admission as well as divorce.

Within 3 months I was harassed in multiple police stations and local social welfare association. Also spread rumours that I am impotent and have illegal relationship(contradictory statement).

Am working in a MNC and earning some lakhs per annum. Haven't received any money or jewels or things from my wife as dowry. My wife is a MBA graduate and worked as a manager in finance company before marriage.

Can you please tell me what is the maximum amount I need to give her as one time alimony?

Will I be able to get divorce without paying any alimony, if social welfare office recommends no action against the compliant after finding it as false allegation?

What is maximum time any social welfare officer will take to complete this kind of enquiry?

Learning

4 Replies

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     09 June 2014

you can PM me mate.

Khem Chand (Others)     09 June 2014

Within 3 months I was harassed in multiple police stations and local social welfare association. Also spread rumours that I am impotent and have illegal relationship(contradictory statement).

--->> Has the marriag been consumated or not??

Because this may  add substance to your case

Soft Person (Manager)     09 June 2014

Consumated.  

Soft Person (Manager)     17 June 2014

Yesterday 2 constables from women police station in my native place came to my house where my parents are living. They called me for an enquiry for the complaint forwarded from CM(Chief Minister's) cell. Since I staying in other city where I am working, I told them through the phone that I will come on Friday for the enquiry.  They are saying its an enquiry for complaint I have given at CM cell to expedite the enquiry process for the complaint already given my wife on me for Dowry and Domestic Violence, but I haven't given anything like that. Even they are not giving any proper information.

Can you guys clarify following things, so that I can prepared for anything.

1. Enquiry is pending @ Social Welfare Office on the complaint given by wife on Dowry and Domestic violence in the police station. Social welfare office has to send the report. Can police file a FIR now even before receiving social welfare officer's report on the earlier complaint? Looks like local police station is getting pressure from  their high level office where one of my wife's relative is working.  They did similar thing in the past.

2. I am working in an MNC. Do I need to quit(or Employer will ask me to quit) if any FIR filed against me? My wife's relative warned me last time at police station that they won't allow me to work anywhere in the city. 

3. Can police do any enquiry if existing complaint is pending in social welfare office? Even I filed divorce in the court and its legal now. Looks like my wife was not received the notice(May be she is not accepting it intentionally).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register