Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Poorna_Rai (teacher)     12 August 2014

What happens if petitioner dont show up for divorcemediation

hi,

i filed for divorce and was asked to attend mediation in july. me and my husband went but mediators are not there , so it got postponed to aug1- my spouse was present and i could not attend as i was not able to. and it got postponed to aug 13, which i wont be able to attend.

how many times mediation can be postponed?

what happens if i dont attend mediation at all? will the case will move to court or will it get dismissed?

due to personal reasons,  i am thinking about withdrawing the case(if i dont get mutual consent from my husband) and start after 3 years. if he files any written doc against my divorce petition, can i withdraw my petition without his permission?

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 August 2014

The information given by you are insufficient to give you proper opinion.  What document do you expect your husband to produce before the court which frightens you?, If you choose to stay away from mediation, it is a loss to you,the case may be reverted to court and if you don't appear there also continuously, being a petitioner, your case maybe dismissed for default.  Discuss the issues at length with your advocate and take decision as per his advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register