LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Void marriage / nullity

Hi, I got married 3 months back. My wife stayed with me for 15 days & left for her Father's place. Last week she filed a case of Nullity on the ground of Non-consummation & claims  that i am incompetent to bear a child . She has demanded Furnitures & Jewellery gifted on marriage. She has already taken all the jewelleries that were gifted to her by us and also those gifted by her father. She has also claimed Rs 25 lakhs compensation as i am a successful businessman. But she is employed with Central Govt. in the rank of officer.  She has also raised false charge of dowry against me. 

Kindly suggest what should i do ? 

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     20 April 2015

Don't pay her anything if you are potent then submit your medical fitness report of your potentcy before the court and protest all her allegations upon you and deny to make your marriage nullify .

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     20 April 2015

contest and no need to fulfill her illegal demands.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     20 April 2015

If you have consummated the marriage and had normal physical relationship during her stay, then contest the case.  Otherwise, give back the stri-dhan and if possible compensate a part of marriage expenses and allow the marriage annuled.

(Guest)

Thanks for all of your suggestions. 

Kindly let me know if there is any way out that the marriage is declared void & I am not required to pay any compensation as she has claimed compensation in her petition . And i want the jewelleries that me & my relatives gave her on marriage.  I shall return all the gifts that were gifted by her father on marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register