LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amarjeet Srivastava   20 July 2023

Vehicle related accident

My brother in law death during bike driving at road, due to hit by bus driver. What is section apply to bus driver and how I get my father in law got compensation about their son death 

Learning

5 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 July 2023

You did not filed a claim in MV accident  claim Tribunal, just contact some local Advocate he will file claim for you, get the copy of FIR from Police station concerned and file for claim; the legal heirs of your FIL will be compensated .

Amarjeet Srivastava   20 July 2023

Sir, Please let me know how much will getting money, so that it is helpful for her wife & 2 little girl, his age only 37 . 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 July 2023

That depends upon court to decide and the claim you submit. It is calculated on many factors like how much he was earning, what was his age etc.

Upon filing your claim you should file application for Interim compensation that is minimum 50,000.00 upon acceptance of claim, if the vehicle is insured then the Insurance company pays the amount otherwise the person will pay who did accident 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 July 2023

The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has a standardised minimum limit of personal accident cover up to Rs. 15 lakh. It also mandates insurers to offer this cover on their motor insurance policies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 July 2023

Read provisions of Section 166 of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register