LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

maxx (pvt service)     15 December 2013

Value of pvt notice by opposite lawyer

i want to know, what is the value of a private notice of opposite lawyer, before any cases are filed.

before my wife filed RCR case on me, she sent pvt notices by her lawyer to all my family members, making serious allegations like dowry harrassment, mental torture, etc etc, with all the masala, and in the end, threatened me with 'appropriate cases' if i dont start paying Rs 10000 monthly as maintainence money to my wife to whom i have allegedly disowned. 

also he has asked that i give in writing,  that i will not committ any torture and harrassment to her and ask for forgiveness from her for my alleged torture and misbehaviour and dowry harrassment to her, she is ready to cohabit with me.

i want to know: after making serious allegations against me and my family, she filed RCR, so doesnt it contradict her  own allegations?

does it come under mental cruelty that i am being told to ask for forgiveness from her to the alleged harrassment from me, and crimes which i have never committed. 

i filed Divorce  after i received the RCR notice from court . hence please guide me, if i can use this laywers pvt notice in my cruelty divorce case. 

thanks

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 December 2013

Her lawyer's notice cannot be considered as cruelty for the case you have already filed or yet to file.  If she had given notice with false allegations, you have a right to deny everything, instead if you consider them to be cruelty without repudiating her claims it will be considered that you are trying to hide the materials fact to the case.  Hence concentrate on your case and the prosecution of the same for the present.

kalyan (engineer)     19 December 2013

vague allegations give clear ground for mental cruelty. Go for divorce case. No maintenance for vague allegations. Many judgement are available.

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     27 December 2013

you must press your case filed for divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register