LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaishali (wife)     10 June 2011

Upgradation of the post for monetary benefit to stagnating

In 2008 I got recruited to the post of asst professor in an autonomous dental institution under government of Karnataka. At the time of my recruitment there were four teaching cadres in the institute namely, Dean cum director, Professor, Asst Professor /reader and lecturer as per DCI regulation. There are eight specialty departments with one professor in each department and with 2, 3and 4 asst professor in various departments depending on the workload and presence of paramedical courses in different departments. The scale for lecturer is starting from 8000, for asst professor 12000 and for professor 18000. After I got recruited, in 2009, 4 assistant professors were upgraded to associate professor with the basic starting from 16400, to facilitate monetary benefit to overcome stagnation. First in the governing council only the first asst professors in each department were upgraded .later in two department’s second asst professors were upgraded. I am in the department where there are 3 asst professor posts. When the second asst professor was upgraded I was in my probationary period though I had in total more teaching experience in DCI recognized institutes. In the whole college so far only 1 and 2 asst professors are upgraded. Along with me as per same G.o order 4 assistant professors have been recruited. Now, after probationary declaration, I have applied for up gradation for associate professor. I have been denied up gradation saying that there is no vacancy and 3 posts can’t be upgraded in the same department. Others who were recruited along with me for the same cadre are being considered for up gradation. I have learnt that if one officer belonging to one batch recruited for the same cadre is considered for up gradation of the post then all the other officers in the same cadre belonging to the same batch should be considered and that up gradation of the post is dynamic and does not depend on vacancy? What action should I take creation of this post results in great hindrance to my career. What should I do?

Learning

2 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     11 June 2011

In Government service, in order to provide time-bound promotions supernumerary posts are created to accomodate the indivdual.So long as he continues in the post,it will continue and the post shall be reverted to its original one after the individual retires or promoted.

(Guest)

Dear Vaishali,

You have not mentioned anything about the length of service rendered by those Asstt Professors, who were promoted to the posts of Associate Professors. Probably, you are equating yourself with your senior Assistant Professors, who put in some stipulated length of service and were due for promotion under the Assured Career Progression (ACP) scheme of the Government/PSUs, where requirement of some basic minumum service is prescribed.

Service rendered under some other unit/organisation is not taken in to account for promotion in the present organisation of an employee, unless specifically agreed upon at the time of recruitment of that employee that too under special circumstances that may not affect the service interests of the existing employees in the cadre.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register