Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ibrahim   24 June 2018

unknown drunken man misbehaved and verbally abused

I am common man ,an incident happened recently to me,
I was waiting for a cab and a cab came in front of me I thought it was service cab (different passengers can go through it) ,in the back seat a women and two children are sitting , unknowingly it is private cab and I asked the driver to reach me the destination and he agreed ,later on her husband came who was drunken and called me outside and started verbal abuse , I tried to explain the situationbut he is not going to listen and it was nightmare
how can I deal with such type of person in future by law
any proof to be submitted by me to cops for better assessment ?

Learning

1 Replies

Vanshika Kapoor   25 June 2018

IPC 506. Punishment for criminal intimidation.—Whoever commits, the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprison­ment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both; If threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, etc.—And if the threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, or to cause the destruction of any property by fire, or to cause an offence punishable with death or 1[imprisonment for life], or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute, unchastity to a woman, shall be punished with imprison­ment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to seven years, or with fine, or with both.

Remember both are Non-cognizable so police/court may or may not take the cognizance & it depends upon the situation & moreover the proof or evidences you provide. An un-tampered electronic recording on recording device is a valid evidence which easy to capture as many of us have mobile phones that can record. Without a proper evidence it is really difficult to prove.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register