LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pitamber Shukla (Project Associate)     11 January 2010

unconstitutional rule of University

In SASTRA University there is a rule that if somebody fails to complete his/her degree in stipulated time then he/she will invariably get " passed with second class" remark even though he/she gets 100% marks. I am sufferer of this rule. How can I save my career from this unconstitutional law???? It's urgent please somebody help me.

Learning

5 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     11 January 2010

Sir, I dont see anything unconstitutional here. University has set rule that a student has to finish his/ her degree within stipulated period. And only those who finish within time, will get their degree according to the marks they get. How can you compare a student who takes more time than stipulated with whom who complete within time limit? Even if he gets 100% taking more time, cant be compared with student who finishes within time. Competing with students of same conditions is the spirit of the game. Those who dont, hv to reconsile with what they get , for their own mistake.

I think it is reasonable classification and not vilolative of Constitution.

Sachin MIshra (service)     11 January 2010

The University in India have this kind of regulatory power to imposs the rule with regard to the passing criteria which need to be cleared by UGC. i will recommand that why don't you check the UGC norms

1 Like

R.K.SUNDERRAJ (LAWYER HUBLI,KARNATAKA)     19 January 2010

I agree with Sichitra's views,

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     20 January 2010

This rule is not fair and is having discouraging effect. Some times due to unavoidalble circumtances/situations, a person fails to appear in exams. Any achievements must be rewarded.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register