Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pintu   13 September 2023

Transfer of rs 6 lac by my wife to my bank account on 20th day from date of marriage

Is transfer of Rs 6 lac by my wife to my bank account on 20th day from date of marriage is considered as dowry. She gave the amount to purchase car as she didnt want to sit on my old bike and we planned to buy car. car is in my name.She has filed 498A 323 506 294 427. Can this 6 lac be considered as dowry . plz clarify. I am in deep distress..

Learning

6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     13 September 2023

YouIf the car was purchased by same amount in your name then you are certainly in trouble... 

Pintu   13 September 2023

is the money transfer from wife be considered dowry.What the legal remedy available now.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 September 2023

Any suggestion depends upon the totality of facts and circumstances alleged in her complaint. Facts posted suggest that it could possible to defend the issues on merits.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 September 2023

Even though she may make such drastic allegations  in the garb of dowry demand, you can challenge the same based on the circumstances.

By just making the complaint she cannot establish the dowry demand, as a matter of fact, giving dowry is also an offence.

The only weak point on your side is that you got the car registered on your name.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     14 September 2023

Your question is part of allegations levelled against you, which include other allegations u/s 323, 506, 294, 427 IPC.

However, the amount of Rs. 6 lakh transferred by your wife do not form part of dowery since the amount has not been gifted to her by her parents or in-laws or other relatives to form part of  "stridhan" but the amount was part of her "self-earned" amount.

It is advisable to consult your lawyer who is well aware about facts and circumstances of the case, an able, competent and intelligent besides the fact that s/he is engaged purposely hence bound to satisfy your question/ queries qua related to your case(s).

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 September 2023

You he not disclosed facts.  prima-facie you appear to have cultivated evidence against you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register