LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aniket Alashe   14 May 2017

Transfer of ownership of flat

Hello, My grandfather owned a flat in Mumbai, Maharashtra which is registered in his name with my grandmother as nominee. After his demise, my aunts name was added to the nominee list in society share certificate. My grandmother expired recently. Post her demise, names of my mother and aunt have been added as nominee. I had a few queries wrt. ownership of the property. 1. Will we have to transfer ownership of the property in the names of their three daughters or addition of their names as nominee in society certificate is enough? Rgds, Aniket Alashe

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 May 2017

It is believed that you are Hindu.

Confirm!

The society can transfer the share in the name of Nominee.

Nomination in housing society is not parallel route to succession.

Grandfather’s ( Hindu male) property shall devolve equally upon ClassI legal heirs; Mother (if alive as on date of death), Wife(if alive as on date of death), sons, daughters……………

Grandmother’s (Hindu Woman) share shall devolve equally upon 1stly upon her sons and daughters and they are all alive.

Nomniee in housing society is mere representative.

Death certificates, legal heir certificate, letter of administration, NOC, indemnity etc may be asked by society to transfer in the name of legal heirs.

Check with society for rules/society bye laws.

Relate with Model Bye Laws. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register