Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naina (project maanger)     12 June 2012

Title deed for seller

Hi,

I have sold a property about 6 months back in Kolkata and I was assured by the buyer that he would get two copies of the title deed of sale and send me one.

Now he is saying he will not give me any copy as we won't need it. 1) Do we need a copy?

2)What is the the best way of getting one for our selves?

3) do we need to employ lawyers to request one?

Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

Gopikrishna Kalyanam (Lawyer)     23 June 2012

Dear Naina,

Greetings. There cannot be two copies of a Sale Deed. There is the Sale Deed and a Certified copy of the Sale Deed. You may not require a copy. You can ask the buyer for a photocopy of the Sale Deed subsequent to registration, so that it will have all the details of the Sale Registration. That should be sufficient for your records. If you are particular, you can apply for a Certified copy of the sale deed through a representative. Engaging the service of a lawyer would be helpful both to you as well as to a brother lawyer!

Thankyou

Best Wishes

Naina (project maanger)     27 June 2012

Many thanks for your reply Mr Gopikrishna.

Will there be any problem for me if I do not have a certified copy or photocopy for my records?

How much would it cost me to employ a lawyer for this purpose?

Thanks

Gopikrishna Kalyanam (Lawyer)     28 June 2012

Dear Naina,

It is always good to have a copy, not necessarily a certified copy. As regards lawyer engagement, it depends, but it will make your job easy to go through a lawyer.

Best Wishes

Saransh (Executive)     29 June 2012

Hello sir, I bought a property in chandigarh. Now i have changed my name and gender legally by publishing in gazette of india ,newspaper adds . Do i have to change my name and gender in the property papers,,if yes dan how it is done...how much is the fees etc??? n if i dont change it now dan wud it be difficult to sell it as i m changing my id proofs.</p>

Gopikrishna Kalyanam (Lawyer)     30 June 2012

Dear Saransh,

Greetings. Once you change your name and gender legally, there should be no problem. However, when you propose to sell the property, the ntending buyer may try to use this to reduce the prie of the property. Therefore, it is advisable that you update your property records too.

Best wishes

Gopikrishna Kalyanam (Lawyer)     30 June 2012

Dear Saransh,

Greetings. Once you change your name and gender legally, there should be no problem. However, when you propose to sell the property, the ntending buyer may try to use this to reduce the prie of the property. Therefore, it is advisable that you update your property records too. You should file a modification deed for this purpos

Best wishes

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register