Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BRajesh (MRKT)     11 November 2012

Time limit for to decide on dv case

Dear Expert,

is there any time limit by which DV case has to be closed?.i have seen in DV act that with in 60 days of DV cas filed,order has to be passed. what we can do if teh DV case not clsoed by 60 days. can we ask for speedy trail or we have to wait another 3 to 4 years to go on it's own way.Any advise pls.

Learning

5 Replies

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     11 November 2012

LET COURT PROCEED AS PER it's CONVENIENCE. 

There is no  time limit. If u r from Hussy side, u try to delay. 

If  Wife's side, u will hurry up.

On whose side r u??? Court will follow it's own convenience, and the action of both Advocates  the party concerned. 

BRajesh (MRKT)     11 November 2012

i am from husband side and  i am already paying interim maintenace of 8000 PM.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     11 November 2012

Main DV case wil decide in many yrs.

Why dont u fight againt maint orders in higher court. Let DV case rot away

BRajesh (MRKT)     14 November 2012

i don't mind to pay 8000/-  PM but i want to get of this case ASAP becuase undertaking was taken that i will not leave that country until this case is closed.My job invloves abroad travel and taking the permission and travel may be time consuming process.so i am looking if this can be closed by speedy trail if any.

stanley (Freedom)     15 November 2012

You could have easily seeked exemption from court proceedings and could have travelled abroad for your work and could have been present during evidence stage or when called for . On whose insistance did you give an undertaking . alternatively you can ask for permission from the court for your travel abroad . 

Dv cases run for years and not for 60 days as per the act  ?? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register