LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V V SATYANARAYANA VOMMI (CUSTOMER ASSISTANT)     20 December 2013

Technical resignation

Kindly permit me to submit a few lines regarding my grievance.

I, Ex-HC/M V.V.V. Satyanarayana S/o V.V.Ramana have served for Central Reserve Police Force as Head Constable (Ministerial) at the Office of DIGP, Group Centre - Rangareddy, CRPF, Secunderabad from 11/03/2006 and resigned to service on 05/01/2009, because I have got selection in State Bank of India as Assistant (Accts/Cash) after getting No-Objection certificate from H.O.O. i.e., (DIGP, GC Rangareddy)

Brief History:-

After getting the successful selection in State Bank of India, I have submitted for technical resignation to join further in SBI.  But, the DIGP, GC, Rangareddy was not accepted my technical resignation and directed me to submit an application for resignation and also directed me to deposit Last drawn 3 Months Pay & Allowances as training charges to accept my resignation.  As per their direction I have paid Rs.44, 940/- as my last drawn 3 Months Pay & allowances.

In this regard, I have submitted several grievances through www.pgportal.gov.in to MHA, New Delhi /Dte.General, CRPF, New Delhi/ H.O.D i.e., IGP,S/S, CRPF, Hyderabad to review my grievance, but I could not get success and got reply from IGP, S/S, Hydeabad State Bank of India is a Public Sector Undertaking.  Hence they could not treat my resignation as technical resignation and they could not re-pay my last drawn 3 months’ Salary & allowances.

As per GOI decision, When a person resigns with a view to take up another appointment in Government / PSU / Banks/Autonomous Bodies with proper permission, it is called technical resignation. Whereas resignation submitted for other reasons or if competent authority has not allowed him to forward his application through proper channel, it is called as technical resignation. The DIGP, GC, CRPF, Rangareddy is directed me to submit any copy/reference which can be prove State Bank of India is a Government Organisation.

But I could not get success by lodging a grievance with GOI, hence I would like to know am I eligible to get the 3 months Pay & allowances under technical resignation because the CRPF Rules,1955 are exempting from the payment of 3 months Pay & allowances those who are selected to Central/State Government /Local Bodies.  Hence, I would like to know that State bank of India comes under which category. Kindly do help in this regard.

thanking you

Learning

5 Replies

Sun Roy (engineer)     20 December 2013

i think u should file rti and demand the sertified copy of rules.when u applied through proper channelthen resignation will be technical resignation. and you should get your 3 month pay and alls.

V V SATYANARAYANA VOMMI (CUSTOMER ASSISTANT)     21 December 2013

I have applied RTI to CRPF, but unfortunately the CRPF was exempted from the RTI Act, 2005.  Till date, I am submitting the grievances to WWW.PGPORTAL.GOV.IN to Ministry of HOme affairs but those are simply forwarding my grievance to the SAME CRPF authorities and getting the same reply that the SBI is a public Sector undertaking and it can't be exempted as per CRPF Rules, 1955 because I was not selected to Central/State Government/ Local Bodies.  But the Adm.Officer of the %DIGP, Group Centre, Rangareddy explained in his notesheet to the DIGP, GC, Rangareddy. But the then DIGP had not accepted my technical resignation.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 December 2013

U/s 17A of CRPF Rules which read  as under

A member of the Force seeking resignation under rule 16 or discharge under rule17 from service shall be required to refund to the Government a sum equal to three months pay and allowances received by him o r her prior to the resignation or discharge, as the case may be or the cost of training imparted to him or her in the Force whichever is higher: Provided that in the case of a member of the Force seeking discharge from service under rule 17 within the period of three months from the date of enrolment the sum equal to three months pay and allowances shall be calculated with reference to three months pay and allowances which would have been received but for discharge:Provided further that a member of the Force tendering resignation or seeking discharge from service for accepting a job under the Central or State Governments or local bodies, after having been refund the sum as provided herein above.

A perusal of above rule does not disclose this clause will be applicable for PSU banks.  The State Bank of India though controlled by Government of India through  Min of Fina/RBI, is  not a government office, it is a public sector bank, hence I am afraid this may not fall under the category you state, so better pursue your new assignment instead of wasting time and energy on this subject.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 December 2013

technical rresignation applies for govt to govt selection.  in your case you hve moved from govt to psu.  Not eligible

Rubina Pinto (Executive)     04 January 2015

Hello ,

I have been working with Gujarat Informatics Limited, which is a Public Sector Undertaking since 1.5 years but on contract basis(no stamp paper contract but just a simple page one intitially it was for a year as a Trainee then for remaining 6 months as an Executive my contract was renewed till 30.06.2015). recently I received an appointment letter from the Government of India to join a Group-C post ans they have asked me to join the Central Govt job on or before 15th January 2015

Could I also apply for my Technical Resignation and seek a notice wavier also while protecting my Pay protection.

Kindly respond..it would really be a big help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register