LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal (gd)     13 November 2015

suggestions for divorce

Mine so called wife filed 498a,406,34 IPC against me and family and Dv and 125. Now, she filed divorce also I want to ask is there any mean I can say yes to divorce with accepting allegations.?? I will fight 498a on merits

Learning

6 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     14 November 2015

No that option is only possible if the terms and conditions are set out . Since both of you want divorce then I guess you both should sit across the table and sort out the terms and conditions based on which the divorce shall take place

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     14 November 2015

No that option is only possible if the terms and conditions are set out . Since both of you want divorce then I guess you both should sit across the table and sort out the terms and conditions based on which the divorce shall take place

(Guest)

If all the cases are clubbed together then you may as well say that.

VIJAY K. TEOTIA (ADVOCATE)     14 November 2015

It appears that there have been initiated 3 proceedings against you. 1. FIR under 498a. 2 Divorce before family court and 3 Petition for maintenance under 125 Crpc. Petition of divorce and 125 can be clubbed and decided jointly. In matrimonial disputes compromise is the best option to settle all these three proceedings. You settle divorce and maintenance amicably before the family court. Obviously claims of 498a will also be covered in this settlement. On this basis proceedings of 498a will also be ended.

advocate andrea menezes   14 November 2015

Advocate Andrea Menezes

Family Lawyer Practicing at Bombay High Court

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     14 November 2015

Divorce and 125 are entirely different cases and cannot beclubbed with the other criminal cases filed by her.mention the grounds filed for divorce for suggesting U to accept.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register