LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

akash (na)     12 October 2014

Sue daughtinlaw for harrasment

My grandmother is 85+ and uncle is 40+. He recently got married. And his wife is harassing both of them.

She has gone to sell gold and 'bartans' of my grandma, not allowing my masis or any of our relatives to enter the house. 

She doesn't feed anything to my grandma.  They are going without eating  for days. Both of them have lost a lot of weight. It is like they are leaving in a hell and are hopeless. 

I believe he can't apply for a divorce yet because they have not completed one year. 

Are they any laws which will give them justice and get rid of this woman from their life without compensating her? Can we lodge a FIIR against her for bullying? 

What options do we have when wife is harassing her husband and mother-in-law?

I desperately need some advice. I can't bear to see my grandma struggle like this. 

Learning

4 Replies

letsfight (engineer)     13 October 2014

Mother in law can also file DV against daughter in law, experts is there any section for senior citizen protection?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     13 October 2014

@ Author,

1. Grand-mother can file DV Complaint against his wife seeking protection order via express hearing mode as Senior Citizens are given preferential treatment in hearing matters under Family Laws i.e. their case are heard first on days cause list.

If the shared household is registered under grand-mother name then she can kick out not only your uncle but his wife thy name Protection order. 

She can also approach a Tribunal invoking provisions under Senior Citizen's Act.  

4. She can also approach jurisdiction Executive Magistrate Court invoking S. 107 CrPC not to commit a breach of the peace at home by his wife.

BTW, whatever she does is to be done via a PoA given to a relative / advocate and/or via seeking assistance of an advocate found via reference and after due diligence he to be hired for all the above services. 

[Last reply]

akash (na)     13 October 2014

The house is on name of uncle and grandma.

Her relatives are igorning us and they don't want to take her back.

the entire building knows she is rude and a horrible person.

i just want to evict her from house as soon as possible. 

do we need to get police involved?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 October 2014

The police will be of no help to you, only court can provide you relief, you may follow the advise rendered by Mr. TajobsIndia which appears to be more suitable in your case. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register