stop payment on a post dated cheque

what legal actions can be taken against someone who had stopped payment on a post dated cheque, what could be legal process to take action against him.

Bounce the cheque before it expires (max. life 6 months only). Serve the legal notice to issuer for the bounced cheque and if not received any response, then file the case under 138 NI act.

Total likes : 2 times

ADVOCATE

you can go for civil suit

what if time period of 6 months is crossed, what could be the legal process then?

Ayush Mishra, are you so innocent? Or you are making us fool, who just jumped in advising you? Anyway if you cannot protect your right or your own interests then even Shri Krishna will not reincarnate to help you.

Mr.Ayush mishraji, this well known fact that the period of cheque is 6months. This is not a case upon which the opinions of experts should be calledupon.thanks

Mr.Ayush mishraji, this well known fact that the period of cheque is 6months. This is not a case upon which the opinions of experts should be calledupon.thanks

I understand the duration of cheque is 6 month but situation with me is little different, it was like the other person stop payment on cheque due to insufficient balance and said he don't have money as of now, he will pay it later. This matter was with a family member so I trust and don't do any legal action then but now situation and dynamics had changed, after one year he is denying to give money and saying do what you can. So now my only query to expert was can I do anything legally on the basis of stop payment on old post dated cheque (14 months old approx). Expert please advice

"I understand the duration of cheque is 6 months" means that you didn't know it earlier, but may have known it now, when you received the suggestion through this platform. Now you cannot do anything, because your family member has successfully made you fool with his cunningness.

High Court Advocate and IPR Attorney

DEAR ALL,

Please note that the life of the cheque (Validity) is 3 months only and not 6 months.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu