LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradeep   12 February 2016

Step sister right in father property

Respected sir... My father got a daughter from his first marriage. After the death of his first wife, he married my father and got 2 sons and three daughters...my father died recently. But now my step sister claim half of all property belonging to my father. She says that being a single heir of first wife of my father, she want half everything. My mother is still alive with her 2 sons n 3 daughters. Now Plz advice me what should be legal rights of my step sister who is single heir of first wife of my father.. Now my father n his wife is not in this world.. What is right of my mother that is widow n still alive....what is right of my single step sister.

Learning

11 Replies

Sorry sir for mistake in third line....After the death of his first wife,my father married my mother and got 2 sons n 3 daughters... I m one of them.... With regards Pradeep Singh

Sorry sir for mistake in third line....After the death of his first wife,my father married my mother and got 2 sons n 3 daughters... I m one of them.... With regards Pradeep Singh

Sweta   12 February 2016

Your mother will get one-third of the property n rest of property will be equally divided among all the six heirs (daughter of first wife n 2 sons n 3 daughters of 2nd wife)

Sweta   12 February 2016

Your mother will get one-third of the property n rest of property will be equally divided among all the six heirs (daughter of first wife n 2 sons n 3 daughters of 2nd wife)

anilpandey   12 February 2016

No , your step sister is entiteled to get half of the property bcoz property is divided on the basis of how many wife have been there in your father's life and that's why all the wives get equally %.

Thanx anil sir But what would be the share of my step in my father acquired property....

What would be share of my mother in that

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register