LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohit singh   10 November 2022

Stamp duty in paa agreement

Dear Sir , I have been residing in a pagadi system Building in parel Mumbai  since my birth along with my family we have been continuous occupation of the said property since 1942 . In 2007 our Building was brought over by a Builder group which started the redevelopment process in 2010 , during that time in Mhada Annexure my Mothers name was given as occupant . For 12 years the redevelopment was stalled  this year builder restarted the process , at the time of registration of the Agreement with Stamp duty registrar in worli  , the registrar refused to register the Agreement under my name saying mother's name in annexure of mhada list of occupants , if you need to register in your name you have to register by paying stamp duty  , i had no option but to register by paying the duties at Ready recknor rate ..

I need to understand from Eminent Lawyers with expertise on this issue  as i had the NOC of my family members , rent receipt on my name , school leaving certificate , and birth certificate , ration card to show my occupancy still the house was not registered in my name i need to understand if  paying duty was the correct step or there was error on part of registar to charge me stamp duty and registration charges for PAA house .

if its taken illegally what is the procedure to reclaim the duty 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register