LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Kumar (owner)     15 April 2012

Society trf fee for property trf within family thru will

I am a beneficiary of property by will from my grandmother ( my mother's mother) . Along with me my mother, her sister and her brother are also beneficiaries.

I have now purchased the shares of my mother's sister and brother, paid the required stamp duty and regn amount and the consideration to them. This has been done few months back. Now I need to also get my name on the share certificates. For this the usual procedure is payment of transfer fee to society. Since this is a transfer within family, do I need to pay the transfer fee. If yes, do I need to pay the full fee which is normally paid when a external party deal is done.

Request reply and guiadance on the same.

Regards

Anil

Learning

1 Replies

Tripti Nagwekar (Owner)     17 April 2012

Dear Kumar Kumar,

Even though you are the beneficiary through the testament of your monther's mother, in general and law you are not the receipient and claimant of your mother's mother residence because your mother's mother has three legal heir and these 3 heirs are the beneficiaries of their mother's i.e. your grandmother residence.  Even if you have paid the stamp duty and other amount, it doesn't meant you became the owner of that property.  In fact the society is also not bound to transfer this flat in your name because three heirs are alive.  Therefore you would not get this flat.  Therefore no question of transfer fees.  Please do not fall in this matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register