Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunip (manager)     24 August 2013

Society elections

Dear Sir,

I am the resident of a housing society in Punjab, my flat is in my name. My father who is a retired person and staying with me wants to contest for the post of vice president in our coming society elections.

The society committe has pasted a notice that only FLAT owners can contest the elections? is this true?

Only because the flat is not in my farhers name cant he contest the elections? He is wiiling to work for the betterment of society?

Please guide,

Thanks,

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     24 August 2013

you need to apply for admitting your father as an associate member of the society. the society needs to pass a resolution to accept him as an associate member. Thereafter, he can contest an election for vice president post.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

2BHelpfull (Other)     24 August 2013

Originally posted by : Sunip

Dear Sir,

I am the resident of a housing society in Punjab, my flat is in my name. My father who is a retired person and staying with me wants to contest for the post of vice president in our coming society elections.

The society committe has pasted a notice that only FLAT owners can contest the elections? is this true?

Yes only the member  can contest the election

Only because the flat is not in my farhers name cant he contest the elections? He is wiiling to work for the betterment of society?

make ur father associate member by filing a associate member form  and then he can contest election

Please guide,

Thanks,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register