Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wasim Shaikh   02 September 2023

society balcony extention

Hi all,
i am chairman of society,
in my society the builder has given 2 ft balcony to all the flats and every rooms.and there is no chajja in building just the balcony.
there is one flat reconstruction work ongoing and they have extended the balcony by putting column to the balcony by 1.5 ft and put a box grill of 2 ft on that.

is this construction illegal and if yes what actions as a chairman of the society should i take on this

my society is in plaghar district and in vasai.

thanks you
waiting for reply.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     02 September 2023

Is the work done by one of the members? You can first give order to the member to stop the construction. You can also go to the co-operative court and get order to stop construction and if any partial construction has been done to reverse it. At first get a stay order. You must do it stealthly. If the member comes to know that you are going to court he may get a coveat against any stay order. You can also complain to the Municipality. Immediately contact a good lawyer and act as per his advice. If the illegal work gets completed it will be very difficult to reverse it.

Wasim Shaikh   02 September 2023

thank you so much for your guidance

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 September 2023

if you complaint to Municipality they are bound to demolish if the extention has not been sanctioned by them

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 September 2023

Municipalities are not that prompt, honest and straightforward.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register