LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Sister-in-law as an example to fight dowry case

If wife files dowry case and blames whole family can we say that in the same house there is another daughter-in-law who has no complains then why we would ask dowry from younger daughter-in-law?

Learning

8 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     15 November 2013

yes you had written and given very good and appropriate line also an evidence against filing of false dowry case against whole the family , it shows her malafide intention and on this ground you can contest your case .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2013

This cannot be an excuse or answer to her complaint, you have to defend yourself on the basis of allegations leveled against you only, may be your sister in law would not have dared to open her mouth on the atrocities done on her due to various facts namely, safety to her life, not to bring disrepute to her family name or not to trouble her family members for her sake, etc.  So this cannot be claimed as an excuse before law.

Ranee....... (NA)     15 November 2013

I agree with T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate.

I have seen many people who are alleged with dowry complaints pretend to be very gentlemen with the second or other DIL!

(Guest)

Both DIL have professional degree. Elder one works and younger one occassionally works.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2013

I will agree with T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2013

being professionally qualified is no bar to being victim of dowry demand. being professionally qualified is no bar to being perpetrator of dowry demand.

maxx (pvt service)     16 November 2013

but what if the sister in law stands as witness and herself claim that this never happened in the house, 

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     16 November 2013

no use.

the accused have to rebut the allegations in the complaint

in fact burdon of proof is on the prosecution.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register