LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shuaib Ahmed (xyz)     24 October 2012

Signed blank promissory note given

In favour of providing me some amount of money, the lendor has taken a signed blank promissory note from me. I am yet to pay remaining amount to him, but he is now looking to cause trouble to me with those blank notes. I want to know, what possible legal actions can he take against me? Can he drag me to jail by instant legal action(as he is looking to send me to it) with the help of those notes. What possible legal precautionary actions can I take to prevent from his wicked actions, before he hit me with some legal stuff?

Learning

2 Replies

samudrala (Advocate)     25 October 2012

give a police complaint immediatly stating that he has forceible taken the signatures under threat but it is not real and final action and give a notice stating that the pronote is blank  unfilled & signed and lost he cannot take any criminal action against the pronote what best he can do is he has to file a recovery suit in civil court for recovery of the amounts under pronote

1 Like

Shuaib Ahmed (xyz)     26 October 2012

Many thanks for your precious piece of advice. I am looking forward to go with it after having a discussion with other attorneys in person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register