LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mamu   13 April 2016

Show cause notice from court

I am working as an engineer and married and about 2 and half years back one data entry operator joined our section and she was also married. Based on the kind of work we became good friends and used to share all our family matters together.

One day she told me that she told me that she is not happy with her husband and he is torchering her in almeans in her house and always she feels alone and she is planning to take divorce from him.

and over phone also we have spoken some times. As her husband has always suspected her having some realtions with other people, he used to record the phone calls of her.

We took some selfie photos with her mobile. now becasue she wanted to take divorce, he is not allowing to give divorce because she lives in adultry with me like that he has filed the affidavit. court has issued the "Show cause notice' to me to appear before the court.

What i have to do now, just because of some good friendship with her and some phone records and some selfie photos with her i have been sued for adultery with her and appear before the court.

What is should do, whether i have to appear or not, if i dont appear before the court what will happen. Whether can i send the reply through an lawyer.  Whether i am punishable in this case in case her husband wins this case. please some one suggest me becasue in my life this is the first time i am dealing with a case.

Mamu 

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
From the facts soo stated its a complaint case... And in the lite of above it cannot be proven adultery...burden of proof lies on complainant. Engage a good lawyer talking colleagues and taking specifically good selfies is not crime...

Born Fighter (xxx)     13 April 2016

If ur innocent then dont fear and attend the court, if ur guilty then hire a lawyer , only he can guide you.

Satyam   13 April 2016

I also know a similar scenario in which mamu is , my query is can mamu file defamation/malicious prosecution against husband of lady , if adultery is not proven and given that husabnd is having call recordings and selfies.

plz.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register