LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shareef   28 February 2016

Settling Engagement Cancellation

Dear Sir/madam, My sister's Engagement was done on 27th Dec 2015 grandly at the wish of guys side even though we wanted it to be simple. After 20 days of engagement slowly some weird thing started happening, like indirectly guy started asking for car, things for his home etc., Right from the beginning itself we were against the dowry n all which was even explained to them also at the time of finalising the engagement. After engagement they thought that we might give whatever they ask for just because we have done the engagement grandly and we might not oppose now. But when they came to know that they are not going to get anything from us, guy slowly started maintaining the distance with my sister and he even stopped speaking to her and started putting some blames on my sister which any immature person only can give. Even after all these happened we did not initiate for cancellation of engagement from our end, but one final day they only initiated and said that they don't wan move further.. We have spent around 2 to 2.5 for engagement n we have come to the settlement that guys side has to give us 1 lac rupees plus the things which we have given to them n we will be returning their things back. But now the problem is, Guy is Chennai on a training and he cannot come from their now for final settlement. But his parents are here, my parents n my sister is available. If we do the settlement without taking any written consent from the guy while doing settlement, will there be any issue in future which he can arise. If be has to come for signing here then we cannot close this soon as he says that be can come only after 2 or 3 months. He without coming here, can we ask him to send written and signed document which can be considered as valid document if any issue arise in future.. We are also ready to give the similar kind of document to them also. Please advise at the earliest. 9620219772

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     29 February 2016

Yes you can ask the guy to sign the list of items he is recieving and send it through post and then you can take thr signature of his parents in the same document itself

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register