LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilesh Fegade (Sr. Engineer)     12 May 2014

Service tax & vat for society formation

I have purchased the under construction flat at Mira bhayander (Thane) and now builder is giving possession to flat members.

But following are the points which need to clarify..

1) Builder providing possession without O.C and for that he is charging extra rs.12000/- from each owner.

2) He is demanding Rs.60000/- for society formation and he is charging extra service tax and VAT on this amount also. Its around Rs 10000/- for service tax and vat.

So kindly let me know, is there any circular about the charges for possession without O.C and applying service tax and VAT on society formation amount.

If it is not as per law then how can I handle this.

Learning

3 Replies

Zarrar (Sales Consultant)     13 May 2014

first of all its pain full to pay vat, upon that i don't understand even if you take away pizza from pizza hut why i have to pay service tax i am attached the bill along this message which is a take away bill of INR 368 in which 14.5% vat and 4.944 is service tax i request you to go through bill with and let me know the same as i want to legal  action about this and please let me know where i can submit the case.

Attached File : 118735700 scan 4.pdf, 118735700 scan 4.pdf downloaded: 148 times

DEEPAK PRATAP SINGH (LLB,ACS)     14 May 2014

Dear Friend,

1. Since O.C. is necessary for every building, while transferring possession of flat it is necessary to get O.C. Possession given without O.C. is not valid in view of law and penalty will be levied on builder by the Municipal Corporation.

2. If possession has been given to flat owners then it will be assumed that proper certificate of completion has been received from the Architect of the building. Since the VAT and Service Tax  will be levied in under construction building only and not in a building , which has got completion certificate. The builder can not charge Service Tax and VAT after giving possession of flat to the owners.

3. The registration of Society in under Society Registration Act and which requires nominal fees based on capital of the society and number of members. The builder can not charge so much of amount for its formation. it is duty of builder to form a society and handover the same to the flat owners.

You can tell the builder that the amount charged by it as Service Tax and VAT after giving possesion of the flats are illegal. You can ask for Completion Certificate of architect to prove your case.

You can also ask for actual expenses for formation of society and it will not as much as Rs. 25000/- including fees of professional.

Regards'

CS Deepak P. Singh

Nilesh Fegade (Sr. Engineer)     16 May 2014

Dear Deepak, Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

he is denying to provide this docs. Can you pls guide how i can approach consumer court?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register