LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P3 App   28 July 2021

Selling property to my father

I want to sell my flat to my father against sales consideration (paid by him in full). The sales deed would be stamped and registered accordingly.
I have below two queries
Query (1) Can I sell the flat to my father and myself (as second name) so, I can handle day to day affair of this flat. My father is 81 plus.
Query (2) If I can not add my name, and I sell to my father and my son (minor, represented by his mother means my wife). Can my father make me exclusive heir in this sales deed itself? So, my son (after becoming major), and I can sell the flat when my father is not there.
Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

Learning

1 Replies

Anusha Singh   08 October 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information about the sale deed.

You can add your name as a co-owner in the sale deed mentioning the ratio or portion of the ownership and get it registered. The stamp duty is typically in the range of 5-12.5% of the market value of the property (varies in different states), while the registration charge is about 1%.

If you wish to add your minor son’s name you can do that too by adding a clause in the sale deed stating that you wish to add your minor son’s name who is represented by his guardian and who have the right on the specific or whole property after he turns major.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Anusha Singh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register