LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aravind hosamani   12 January 2023

SELF acquired or ancestral

Hi sir/madum i decided to start trading in stock market i lived in joint family and have a ancestral property i was received 20gram gold from my wifes home this gold can come under self aquired property if i sell this gold for money and started trading for this money and the profit after trading is it comes under self acquired property

Learning

4 Replies

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     13 January 2023

Yes, the articles recieved from your wife shall not consider the income under ancenstral property hence it is self aquired property.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 January 2023

Originally posted by : aravind hosamani

"Hi sir/madum i decided to start trading in stock market i lived in joint family and have a ancestral property i was received 20gram gold from my wifes home this gold can come under self aquired property if i sell this gold for money and started trading for this money and the profit after trading is it comes under self acquired property"

@ Aravind Hosamani,

It would be defined as "self-acquired" property.

Instead of jumbling facts, use comma, semi column, full stop etc. to make the facts clear 

aravind hosamani   13 January 2023

Hi sir/madum i was started trading in stock market.i lived in joint family and have a ancestral property and i have one brother. i was received 20gram gold from my wifes home. i was sell this gold and got approx 1 lack and started trading for this money. the profit after trading is it comes under self acquired property? and whats the proof for that 1lack as self property.if anything problems happens on propery dividing time how i prove initial 1lack is mine own property?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 January 2023

Facts posted are vague and confusing.

It is better to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for proper appreciation of facts and circumstances of the case and professional advise, if the facts posted are true and not a time pass query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register