Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     30 March 2012

Sections for deprecating, inciting & demeaning remarks?

It is being observed that there is an increasing tendency by some highly accomplished persons to make some highly controversial statements and walk away with a good amount of Publicity

Here are some instances

1. In one of his utterances in a Public function Sri sri Ravi Shankarji said that Govt Schools are breeding ground of Terrorists and Naxalites

2.In one of the TV programs Baba Ramdev tries to make the legendry Hanumanji a laughing Stock by saying that Hanuman himself had no wife but was busy searching the wife of others

3.In another TV programs Baba Ramdev tries to lower the dignity of Mahatma Gandhi by saying that when Gandhi talks of Swadeshi he is conferred the title of Mahatma but when I talk of swadeshi I am castigated

4.In yet another TV program Ramdev terms the people in the Govt as Traitors

5. Sh Anna Hazarre advocates slapping people to make them comply with all that he thinks is right

In sharp contrast to these bunch of reformers is the crusading one man Sh Subramaniam Swami who by his relentless efforts and pain has brought to Justice the most highly placed offenders using the same institutions and systems which these bunch of reformers keep on cursing day-in-day-out without realizing the damage they are making to the institutions of the country!

My question is

(i)Is there anything in law to stop these self proclaimed reformers from deprecating whatever they want, wherever they want & whenever they want.

(ii)What are the Sections of IPC applicable to the examples given by me above Para 1 to 5

Ashok Kumar

recruitment@calibreplacements.com

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register