LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cadt   27 June 2023

sale deed time limit

My grandmother made a sale deed of her land , taken some amount 40years ago,but she didn't not sell that land to that person and return that amount to that person ,at that time there didn't cancelled that sal

e deed ,land is cultivated by my grandmother oly ,but now that person raise cases AC Court .who has posible to win the case whether My grandmother or that person

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 June 2023

The sale deed establishes the ownership of the buyer over the property. The buyer mentioned in the sale deed is the legal owner of the property.

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 June 2023

If that sale was executed with 2 witnesses and a scribe, then the buyer may approach the court.

Cadt   27 June 2023

how to cancel sale deed

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 June 2023

If it was a registered sale deed then it cannot be cancelled after so many decades in between.

The option before her is to file a declaratory suit to declare her title and interest in the property on the basis of continuous possession and enjoyment of the property even though there exists a sale deed in the name of a third party buyer.

As the buyer had not acted upon the sale deed and never taken possession in all these years, he may not be entitled to the relief of title on his name 

Cadt   27 June 2023

except sale deed every thing is in my grandmother name

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 June 2023

Was it transferred to his name by a registered sale deed or by an unregistered document?

However you can proceed as suggested in the previous post

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     27 June 2023

Return of the amount and its receipt by the by the buyer constitutes termination of the deal.So the sake deed becomes nill abd void.

Shashi Dhara   30 June 2023

Ii's barred by limitation ,file declaratory suit against him in civil court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register