LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cupid Cupid (CRM)     10 October 2014

Salary hike not justified!

Hi, I am working in an MNC in Bangalore, Karnataka. My team manager has extremely unethical work culture and only supports people that suck-up to him - that ones that flatter him!

I have put in a lot of hard since last year and today I have received my performance rating along with salary increment. The authority to allot the percentage of Hike is completely in hands of the team manager and there is NO other governing body to govern these actions. EVEN if there were any (such as, my skip level manager), that is of no help - since everyone just believes what the manager has to say. More over, my skip level manager is based in the U.S..

I have a reason to believe, my manager has done injustice to me while allocating the salary hike percentile.

When I questioned about this to him, he stated, given the position of the company in the market and current earnings, that is the best he could give me!

POINT TO NOTE: He states, he has all the calculations and numbers. However, since it is restricted information, he cannot disclose it to me!

My intention is not to know how much others in the team earning or they percentage of salary hike. I want to know the entire budget given to the team and how it has been managed and the merits in consideration.

Is there any law that is greater that company's Policy (of not being transparent in the given budget etc..) and helps people like me, in this situation to question managers decision, for transparency - without having to loose my Job?

Is there any law in India at all that does secure ones position at a Company and also makes sure that justice and respect is made available for the hard work done?

Please advise. Thank you very much.

Learning

2 Replies

Vijendra painuly (ACCOUNTS MANAGER)     10 October 2014

dear sir,

kindly suggest me,

what should be minimum  basic salary limit.....? if i m getting  salary 16000/= per month,   what will be basic salary ...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 October 2014

If there is an appraisal system and to award the increments according to some scale then that scale has to be followed and it should be transparent and there should be no bias, indiscrimination.

If there is no intention by you to know how the increment despite good performance was awarded to you then why the Manager should share any information with you.

Transparency means nothing is concealed/hidden/restricted.

If you have a grievance then you can escalate to good offices of appointing authority, MD………………however as apprehended by you the manager may act in a manner you do not want.

Handling the boss is also a skill.

Taskmasters are not always favored.

It shall be better to bid goodbye and mention your feeling to good offices in confidentiality.

The salary slip shall show break up of salary and has to be issued to all employees as per :

Payment of wages Act: Sec13A

Min. Wages Central Rules: Sec 26(3,4)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register