Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

John Paul Maliekal (Sr. Application Developer)     24 January 2012

Safeguarding from 498(a)

Hi,

I had earlier posted a topic in this forum regarding a mutual divorce. My wife and I have been seperated for 6 months now in our 1 year of marriage. Although she was ready for a mutual divorce, they have stated that they would agree for the mutual consent only after returning all the money and jewellery that were given at the time of our marriage.

However, as per the advices given by many lawyers in this forum I was told not to give all the money before the first petition. When this was communicated by my lawyer to  them they threatened us stating that they would file a dowry harrasment case.

Can anyone in this forum help me understand how I would protect myself from such a situation ?  Personally I believe that the arm of law is being mis-utilized to take revenge and to force us to give back all the jewellery. This would open up all our defenses and they would be free to push further charges against me.

I want to know if there is any possibility / steps that I can take to safeguard myself and my parents.

Learning

1 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     24 January 2012

wife can file 498a / DP anytime, no matter whether u return her belongings or not

evenif u return everything, she may claim bla bla bla is still not received back.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register