LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sahil Arora   28 September 2023

Rrgarding horizontal reservation

Is horizontal reservation applicable in single vacancy of Govt organisation??

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 September 2023

Horizontal Reservation refers to equal opportunities provided to different categories of beneficiaries such as women, veterans, transgender community and persons with some kind of disability, cutting through the vertical categories. For example, Article 15(3) of Indian constitutution is a type of horizontal reservation.

The number of reserved seats will depend on the number of posts made. The groups included under the horizontal reservations are:

• Children of veterans who are serving in the armed forces retired or are killed in action.
  • Disabled persons.
  • Widows and unmarried women.
  • People from rural areas.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     29 September 2023

Very well explained by learned expert Mr. T Kalaiselfvan, I appreciate and agree.

Facts of the post are missing, which make it an "examination" hall question paper, isn't it ????

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     29 September 2023

Definition of horizontal reservation has been given. But the question has not been answered.

1 Like

Sahil Arora   29 September 2023

I had given an interview for a govt vacancy on contract basis where it was written that one seat is reserved for physically handicap candidate .Total no of candidate was 7 and only one vacancy was there....Panel selected me and result was there online but before selection that one PH candidate get objection on selection criteria and my post gets on hold till further order...my question is that is horizontal reservation applicable in single vacancy???

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     30 September 2023

In your case vertical reservation cannot be applied for horizontal reservation. But you may have to raise this before the same authority before which the PH candidate has raised the issue. You may also have to go to court and get a stay order first. Hire a lawyer. There may be NGO's for handicapped persons.

Tangential presentations before court will not help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register