LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rosali (raipur)     15 March 2014

Rights in mothers properties

how far can i claim in mothers properties . flat in mumbai was purchased by father in law before 35 years ago .he died before 24 years the name was transfered to my mother in law .i m the second child (son) other four daughters total 5 kids i have taking care my mother til today and supported my mother financially by all means including marriage of my three sisters before 9 years my mother fell seriously ill which cost me abt 5 lakhs . house was renovated at my cost ,when my father died he did not leave any cash in fact was in debt .Now my four sister are claiming for property rights and my mother wants to give away everything to daughters .this is the fruit after all these years of struggle to support mother .now at present my mother needs to operate her knees at the cost of 5 lakhs ....on what basis do i proceed or do take care of her as now with age it will go on .Is this justifying if not how do claim my rights legally. will any act justify such circumstances .our community people do say that mother and daughters are the worst soul which will never live or let you live     

Learning

1 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     18 March 2014

In the beginning you started off with MIL, and later on it has been reduced to mother, which one is right or correct. If the property belong to your mother, she has all the right, to do what ever she wants.

Morally speaking it is disturbing, legally it is unavoidable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register