LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ABHA METHAILA (Senior Executive HR)     08 March 2013

Right on daughter-in-law's earning

Do in-laws have any right on daughter-in-laws earning?

Learning

5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     08 March 2013

1. If widow DIL has got compassionate ground appointment then In Laws have right to maintenance from a widow DIL.

2. On compassionate grounds recently Mumbai HC awarded maintenance to In Laws from a working DIL.

3. In my opinion under The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 if married son is unemployed and DIL is working then Senior Citizen In Laws can claim maintenance from a working DIL.

…………..so on so forth the law has evolved

ABHA METHAILA (Senior Executive HR)     08 March 2013

Thanks for the information.... But my doubt still remains the same.... for example: Let us assume that it is a case Hindu Undivided family and both son and daughter-in-law are working. Now the question arises that who all can claim a share in DIL's earning?
 Please help me out??

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     08 March 2013

In such situation law does not come into picture and same could be mutually settled among larger family members that is to part your income for family silver or not is a working DIL's choice.

If not and still claimed by In Laws then specific section of IPC and or Civil Laws are recourse available and then question arise if you want to use them? 

Hubertson (PRESIDENT)     12 March 2013

Respected Sir,

Thanks for giving the information of "On compassionate grounds recently Mumbai HC awarded maintenance to In Laws from a working DIL".

I have searched a lot to find the case law and other details like case no, petitioner & respondents details and judgement. Can you Please kindly give me the information.

I am a final year LL.B student of PES Law College.  I need it for Moot Court practicals.

Please help me sir.

Thnk you.

Hubertson (PRESIDENT)     12 March 2013

Respected Sir,

Thanks for giving the information of "On compassionate grounds recently Mumbai HC awarded maintenance to In Laws from a working DIL".

I have searched a lot to find the case law and other details like case no, petitioner & respondents details and judgement. Can you Please kindly give me the information.

I am a final year LL.B student of PES Law College.  I need it for Moot Court practicals.

Please help me sir.

Thnk you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register