Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Babu (Software Consutlant)     26 April 2011

Right on agriculture land after father expiry

Dear Valued professionals,

I am the only son to my father and have 3 sisters. My father has agricultural land on his name (patta) which is from my grand father. My father passed away 2 years back with out any will.

My sisters don't want to create any trouble or any interest in the property.

Thing is 1 sister had broken relationship with us and we are not talking with each other since almost 10 years due to some silly issues/egos. I am not even sure where they are, may be abroad or I don't know.

Now , to convert the land that is on my father's name to my name, what is the process involved.

Do I need any letter from all sisters. If at all if any thing is required, is there any way through court (I mean lawyer) get this done with out meeting the sister that I have conflict with. what I mean is I can't approach her and request for something, because we are not talking to each other.

Can any one Please advice on this.

Thanks & appreciate,Babu

Learning

4 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     26 April 2011

You can file mutaion application before revenue court, making your sisters party. Revenue authority shall issue summon to parties. If they have no object, they would not appear and land will be muted expatree in your favour,or they may file no objection. Summon may be pubished in news paper for the sister whose where abouts are unknown.

Babu (Software Consutlant)     26 April 2011

Thank you so much Arvind Sir for the quick response.

So when Summon is pubished in news paper, can't the other party object later that they are not aware of this activity and raise issue.

and any idea how long this whole process takes and what will be charges for this.

Is it good to hire a lawyer for this. Is revenue court part of District court.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     26 April 2011

Other party may file application to court to cancel the expartee order or decree within 30 days only and later also if they satisfy court with a genuine cause. After publicatio they can't say that they are not aware, thats why publication is must.

Time depends on proceeding of the court. Charges depends on the lawyer.

Revenue court generally is court of Tehsildar. But it may be other, according to state laws and regulations.

Babu (Software Consutlant)     27 April 2011

Thank you Sir.

I searched for sample mutation application in google and found 1 or 2 for other states.

may be even in AP it's same format. in that it's asking for supporting document as Succession Certificate.

Is Succession Certificate needed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register