LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mihir..... (Wealth Manager)     23 July 2012

Return token money

I just received a token money (cheque) against the sale of a flat, which I have not yet deposited. It was decided that when all legality for the title is clear, then I can deposit the cheque.

There is no sale deed signed as yet.

The attitude of the buyer is changing and does not seem to be an honest person. Now how do I return the token money?

Kindly assist please

thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     24 July 2012

Dear Mihir,

Have you signed any agrremet to sale???? If the party has come to you through a broker/agent then you must have told your time limit by which you are looking to sell the house. otherwise if the buyer has directly contacted you then you must have told him the time frame when you are looking to close the transaction.

If you have not communicated, then you have to do it and if the buyer is not showing interest in buying then you may ask him to close the deal within the time frame or take back his deposit amount.

Regards,

Mihir..... (Wealth Manager)     24 July 2012

Dear Rohit,

Thanks. I am the seller here. I have not signed agreement to sale. Taken a token cheque without depositing the same in the bank. We are waiting for the NOC of the society. The time frame also isn't a problem. The problem is his approach toward the formalities to be fulfilled before the society. I am trying to work this out amicably but he seems to very aggressive and willing to jump into litigation on a drop of an hat. And now its bothering me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register